Thursday 14 July 2016

GREAT SUMMER COUNTDOWN Day 4 , Tarragon Key Keeper by Karlie Lucas




Karlie Lucas is a preschool teacher by day and a
writer/artist by night.



A graduate of Southern Utah University, Karlie received a B.A. in Creative
Writing, with a minor in art. She is a member of Sigma Tau Delta, The
International English Honor Society, as well as ANWA, the American Night
Writers Association.



Karlie is interested in all things magical and mysterious, especially elves and
dragons. She is an avid fan of J.R.R. Tolkien and J.K. Rowling.



When not writing, Karlie can often be found drawing, baking, watching her
favorite old school shows, or just spending time with her family.



She currently resides in Dallas, Texas with her husband and a cat named Kally




Q&A with the Author:

1.  What inspired your book? 
Key Keeper was inspired by a dream I had, which actually became one of the most important scenes for the book. From there, I just had to write what would happen before and after that scene, and the characters were more than agreeable.

2. How do you spend your free time?
If I do have free time, which is usually when I set aside stuff because I need the free time, I watch movies or tv with my hubby, play facebook games, or read a book.


Connect with the Author here: 
Facebook ~ Website ~ Amazon ~ Goodreads ~



For
hundreds of years, the gates of Tarragon have been sealed from the outside.
Prophecy speaks of the day the last Key Keeper will return and wake the dragons
from their spell-cast slumber, returning them to their rightful home.

Seeking
to fulfil her father's dying wish, Anwen Porter travels to the Drakonii
Mountains where she meets Tyler, a mysterious local with a secret. With his
help, she learns more about her clouded past and her own abilities. But when
Courtney, a lovesick mage, tries to insert herself into their plans, things
begin to go horribly wrong. 

With
death threatening at every turn, Anwen must learn to rely on her newfound
friends to survive. But how can she unravel the mystery of her heritage when
everything is trying to kill her?


Amazon ~ Smashwords ~ B & N ~
Amazon UK ~  Amazon CA ~ Amazon AU ~


Top Ten People I would like to meet.

1. J.R.R. Tolkien. I mean, who wouldn't want to meet the
"father" of fantasy?
2. J.K. Rowling. If she can make it with an oddball fantasy series,
surely I can too, and I'd love to pick her brain about that.
3. Joan of Ark - I think her life story is just fascinating.
4. C.S. Lewis - He was an amazing writer. Can't imagine what life would
be like without Narnia.
5. Robin McKinley - She's always been one of my fave fantasy authors. I
have a few bones to pick though, about hinted stories that never got written.
6. Mark Twain - He seems like he'd have been a great guy to know.
7. Albert Einstein - Would love to meet the man who contributed so much
to how we see the world.
8. King Charlemagne - An ancestor on both sides of the family, I
understand he was one of the first people to instigate a public education
system for his people. That, and he had some really cool things happen in his
life. 
9. Harrison Ford - He's one of my fave actors of all time. He's just
awesome.
10. Danny Kaye - Another childhood favorite actor, I think Danny and I
would have gotten along swimmingly. That, and the fact that he sang like a
dream, even though he couldn't read a note of music.


To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 




No comments:

Post a Comment