Thursday 9 November 2017

Review: The Year of the Knife

The Year of the Knife The Year of the Knife by G.D. Penman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
Sully is a powerfully witch that works for the IBI (Imperial Bureau of investigation) for the British Empire. It is her job to deal with the worst paranormal attacks in the American colonies. When a string of mass murders continues to happen, it is up to Sully find and stop the killer. But soon Sully realizes she may be dealing with someone with magic never seen before. Can Sully crack the case before it is too late?
I devoured this book, it was full of so many different paranormals which I loved. Witches, vamps, skin walkers, demons, it was a great mix and they fit into this world in ways you would not expect. For one, vampires are considered very lowly. They are banished, killed, hunted and at best ignored, pending what part of the world you are in. Humans know they are living with things that go bump in the night but the witches and other magic users keep them in line. I really got immersed in this world and thought it was well done. I don’t remember ever quite reading a book like this before, and considering all the paranormal books I have read, I’m pretty impressed.
Sully has to be the biggest badass witch I have ever read about. I just loved her character. She is awesomely powerful but she is not invincible. I liked that even with all her power, her life was still on the line, it made the story more exciting. I am not going to give anything more away, but I would love a sequel please Mr Penman. This has so many different elements in this story, that I think will appeal to a lot of readers.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment