Friday 13 January 2017

Review: Final Mend

Final Mend Final Mend by Angela Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Final Mend starts when Jake, who is training for a Triathlon finds out that Brandon his cousin has been found dead and his daughter Amy has been kidnapped. Jake is devastated as Brandon was like his brother, while Amy is his goddaughter is the light in his life.
After finding out nothing helpful from the local police, Jake decides to hire the best PI he can find. This is where Winona a retired Pi comes in to play.
This book has many twist and turns which keep you on your toes. Some I saw coming, but that didn’t spoil it for me. This is very character driven and we quite a collection.
I also realise most of Winona friends and family have had their own stories in other books, but that doesn’t stop you reading this as a standalone. Jake is a recovering alcoholic, and drug user in his younger years, but cleaned up his act with the help and encouragement from Brandon. Jake is now a famous sportsman who is seen as poster boy for staying sober for 8 years and tries to set an example to help others. I loved Jake and Winona as a couple their relationship seemed very real to me.
As this book has mystery, suspense and romance, so I think I will let you buy the book and find out for yourself.
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment