Monday 29 January 2018

Review: Cold Fear

Cold Fear Cold Fear by Toni Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEWED ON BEHALF OF http://bookaddict.live,
I do love a good suspense series, and this one of them. It seems all agents are finding the love of their lives. The most emphasis is put on solving crimes, and the agents in this case are chasing a serial killer operating in the style a murderer seating on death row, and he is only weeks away from death.
FBI agent Frazier is determined to make sure the serial killer sitting on Death Row doesn’t gets away it, all because we have copycat operating in this area. Former Army Captain Dr Isadora Campbell is on the beach a young woman is found dead on the sand dunes where she was walking her dog.
I loved the complexity of the plot. I changed my mind two or three times about who the murderer was and I still got it wrong.
The character development was also very strong and this is true for the side characters as well. There was an emotional depth to this thriller which I find is often missing from the mass produced romantic suspense titles saturating the market. I can’t wait to listen to the rest of the series.
I have to say that I found the first few chapters quite sad and emotional. Rape is a sensitive and difficult topic to write about and when it involves the murder of a young girl you can’t help but feel shocked and saddened. The friends’ and parents’ grief was almost tangible in these opening chapters.
I have listened to many of Eric G. Dove’s other performances and have always enjoyed listening to him but, he did an amazing job with this one and I’ve seen saw his name on plenty of titles in different genres after listening to this one I think it would help persuade me to buy it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment