Saturday 27 January 2018

Review: Respect

Respect Respect by Aleatha Romig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
Standing at what I believe is the precipice of my life, I, Oren Demetri, was too young to understand that it wasn't and too old to imagine that it couldn't be.
Respect is more than an ordinary novel, it’s an insider’s view into a young man marrying into a mafia family, and how he changes and loses his love and marriage in the process. At no time did Oren doubt his love for Angelina, even though he had been unfaithful through the years.
When Oren had to make changes to fit into Angelina mafia family, and his drive to make his company more profitable for his family. In the process loses what made feel like a good family man.
I'll admit, I didn't much care for Oren in the Infidelity series, he was always the pinnacle of hate for Lennox and was portrayed to be a neglectful and absent father through Lennox's eyes. Here we see how the relationship between Oren and Lennox broke down. My heart just bleed out for Oren and my feelings are in turmoil. I completely fell in love with Oren I could feel the strain and torture that troubled him every day.
There were so many other characters that we briefly became aware of in the Infidelity series, it was great to get to know these in greater detail too. Aleatha writes with feeling, with passion and with depth. She brings her characters to life and we truly see the story through their eyes.
I enjoyed the book so much that I decide listen to the Audiobook with Brian Pallino, and lost myself in Oren’s life again. Now I crying my eyes out as I’m writing this. Book or Audio I loved them both.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment