Wednesday 9 November 2016

Review: Iniquity

Iniquity Iniquity by Melody Winter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A wonderful start to an unmissable series. Set in the near future where Demons have come up to live on the surface. To accomplish this the world suffered erupting Volcanoes, less land mass etc. The worst side effect was the darkness across the world. We meet Athena properly just before her 21st birthday dreading the ascension ceremony where all women over 21 are usually sent away to serve the Master Demon. In Athena case the Local demon in charge of the village decides to marry Athena himself.
I was hooked I even grew to like both Paymon and Erebus seeing them through her eyes. Athena is very naïve with what might have happened with a different demon or ordinary men. Especially with her behaviour after her marriages. Great world building, and could quite put myself in the dark and cold.
I loved this book the adventure, the great world building so you were in the dark with Athena aching for some sunlight, so pleased when she found the Rose Bush with its tiny slither of light. As with all first books, it left me wanting more. I’m ready for book two, and I’ll hopefully one of the first to read it when it’s published. I received a copy of this book for an honest review.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment