Friday 20 July 2018

Review: Lost in the Reflecting Pool: A Memoir

Lost in the Reflecting Pool: A Memoir Lost in the Reflecting Pool: A Memoir by Diane Pomerantz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
The first thing I have to reiterate is Lost in the Reflecting Pool is a true account of one woman’s struggle to come to terms with living with a pathological narcissist, and her struggle to survive and recover nearly 20 years being brainwashed into his way of thinking. You can read the synopsis, so I not going to repeat it.
Not only is this a harrowing account, it is also addictive listening, and I had to remind myself this is real life not fiction with a quick fix. I have worked with women and some men in abusive relationships, and helped them through some terrible times. Abuse is not just physical, the years of mental abuse is sometimes worse, because you believe “it must be me “.
Diane’s account affected me, I felt like I had been pulled through a ringer. Riveting listening that stayed with me for many days. The upside I told myself was Diane has survived and now she only looks forward. Great book Diane. The narration was so smooth, I wasn’t pulled from the story once. Katie Mitchell narrated this book faithfully and with heart.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment