Friday 13 July 2018

Review: The Successor

The Successor The Successor by Alina Jacobs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
This is quite an unusual book, it’s not a fluffy romance it’s much more.
When Grant was adopted as a baby, he was very unlucky in his adoptive parents. So he joined the military straight from school. Grant is now a decorated Marine when Kate his birth father’s assistant finds him, and helps him to fit into a new life.
When Grant meets Kate he falls hard, and tries to be the man he thinks Kate needs and wants. Unfortunately there is a lot going in the background that prevents Kate from being wholeheartedly on board with the relationship.
I loved Grant right from the beginning when he rescues Gus from the pound. Poor Grant needed something of his own when going into an alien environment of his new life.
This is told from dual POV’s which is my preferred way of reading. As this is the first in the series, there is a lot of background with the family dynamics. This is the first book I have read by Alina Jacob and I’m please to say it won’t be my last. I enjoyed this book even though it tackles quite a few important issues. So I wonder who will be next Mark or Carter the other Holbrook cousins. I can’t wait.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment