Tuesday 22 May 2018

Review: Bound

Bound Bound by Alexandrea Weis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
Bound is the second book in the Magnus Blackwell Series, but there is a prequel Novella called Blackwell and Damned is book one.  I have been riveted by this exceptional series, and have loved every single moment engrossed in each page. After the previous brilliant book, I couldn’t wait to continue the story, and had so much expectation and anticipation for this book. After devouring this book in an evening, I am excited to say that the authors didn’t let me down and met all my expectations, and then some! I really couldn’t have loved this book more. It is full of thrilling mystery, suspense, drama, the supernatural, intensity, good vs evil, light vs dark- voodoo, ghosts, and magic right up my street.
This book jumps right into the story. A lot has happened since Lexie discovered the dragon cane. She is still coming to terms with the events of the last book as well as her new position of Mambo and the doubts and responsibilities that come with that, her marriage to Will, her business, and trying to bring some balance into her life. Magnus and Lexi have come to terms with their situation, their connection is strong and they have an appreciation for one another.
Strange things begin to happen and there seems to be a shift in the universal energy bringing a sense of foreboding of events are about to happen that threaten to disrupt all of life in New Orleans and the spiritual universe. There is a sinister force with an evil agenda that will test Lexie and Magnus like nothing they could ever imagine. The city, the people, her friends and family, and even the dead won’t be safe from this threat and Lexie will need to figure it all out before it’s too late. But with her powers vanishing she will need to explore every possibility in order to defeat the darkness. Lexie takes her job as Mambo very seriously, and there is nothing she wouldn’t do to protect the people, city and the ‘family’ that she loves so much. Will she find a way to restore the balance of the universe. And if she does, at what cost? Her relationship with Magnus will be tested too, as he deals with his past Lexie knows he isn’t telling her everything and wonders if she can trust and rely on him still. Will their bond survive, or will the darkness destroy it too.
I cannot recommend this book, series and authors enough! If you like paranormal elements in a riveting read, then this is definitely the book for you!
This is such an exceptional tale, incredibly well written the product of very talented storytellers. The writing is compelling, polished, descriptive and exquisitely detailed.
I loved everything about this book, but you really should read it for yourself, as you are sure to love it just as much as I did. But, if you haven’t read the other two books yet, I recommend that you do, to get all the brilliant backstory, details, and character information that they contain, will really add your reading experience of this book. If I could I would give this book 6 stars, I will stop raving now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment