Wednesday 5 September 2018

Review: Beauty's War

Beauty's War Beauty's War by Anna Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reviewed on Behalf http://bookaddict.live,
This is a modern day story based on the ancient gods. The thing I loved was Jupiter King of the Gods has a law firm in Rome that he runs with his children. I love the fact that the authors made it a law firm.
Focusing on the Roman gods, the basic premise here is that Jupiter the king of the gods has a law firm in Rome that he runs with the help of his godly offspring.
This is a front to help mankind in an ongoing war with his brother Pluto the god of the underworld.
Pluto also has a rival firm and his end game is to cause as much chaos and evil insanity in direct opposition to his family’s directive.
His goal: to totally eradicate life for the humans as they know it and he will use any means necessary to achieve this objective.
Including a goddess who has no idea of her original origins.
So this is the story of the god of war Mars; a lawyer working on the side of good for his father’s Law firm.
Mars has been tasked with befriending the newly awakening Goddess.
I thought Victoria she was a fantastic character, and I loved Mars, it really made think about our emotions, when you read this book you will know what I talking about.
So for me, the fallout here was rather shocking and was not quite what I was expecting from this. Victoria began to really see Mars and became who she was meant be. Some of the darker elements when we get to what happens to women when Pluto’s fiends get hold of them.  There is some darker elements

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment