Wednesday 8 August 2018

Review: A Pilgrimage to Death

A Pilgrimage to Death A Pilgrimage to Death by Alexa Padgett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
It’s been my pleasure to read Alexa Padgett’s A Pilgrimage to Death, which is book one in The Reverend Cici Gurule mysteries. This has set the scene and standard for future adventures. This is a spoiler free as the book isn’t released yet.
Rev Cici has come back to her home town to takeover at the Local church. Cici’s twin sister was killed and the murderer never caught. Cici and the twin’s friend Sam a Detective returned to solve the case. Unfortunately is a year later when a body is found dead with the same knife wound as her sister.
Suddenly after a year things start happening, all being connected to Anna Carmen. I loved Cici and Sam, they had a real partnership together. Cici was real, with same fears as anybody else. A modern woman trying to make a difference. I grew up on Agatha Christie, and love a good mystery. This was a good murder mystery with a lot going on. I was glued to the pages, when I got my surprise at the end. I wanted to read another one. So book two please, as I’m impatient for the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment